Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Game-ban: Day 1

Day 1 and it's already a struggle. The only reason I am managing to stay away from the gaming is because of the public announcement. Not that anybody reads this blog anyway, but nevertheless. My mind keeps wandering to the games, but I restrain myself because of the promise I made to myself. And I end up twiddling my thumbs at my computer. This must be what it feels like to go cold turkey on smoking. Okay, maybe that was an extreme example but the number of times my hand feels like reaching for the games bookmarks on my browser is making me realise just how much time I've been wasting at my computer until now. Of course, I may never be fully 'cured' as such, but I'm hoping this will help me manage my time better (actually I think I'm filling the gaming space with blogging.. not helpful!). Times is tough, but I'll get through it and I hope I will feel better for it!

No comments: