Tuesday, September 9, 2008

eclectic sounds

Ask anybody who knows me well, and they'll tell you I have a broad palate when it comes to music. I have a box of CD folders beneath my table, and I have a lot of music on my computer which I haven't transferred to CD as well. Although the songs on my computer are my primary source of listening these days, it will always be an inaccurate representation of the extent of my music interest, because there are some artists which I adore but don't have as a digital copy.

Nevertheless, in an attempt to keep me from gaming and being distracted by other things, I have decided to embark on an experiment to show (mostly to myself) how eclectic my collection is when it is mashed up. So I currently have my digital music collection on shuffle as of 7.24pm tonight. I'm going to keep this blog post open while I study, so I can list the songs that have been playing. Here goes:

Barenaked Ladies: Serendipity (from the album Are Men)
Robbie Williams: Me and My Shadow (from the album Swing when You're Winning)
Jimmy Barnes: Lover Lover (from a Mushroom Records 25th Anniversary show recording)
Xavier Rudd: Introduction (from the album To Let)
Leonardo's Bride: Blue Gone Green (from the album Open Sesame)
Holly Valance: Down Boy (picked up as a pop hit back in the day)
Nitin Sawhney: Say Hello (from the album Human)
Counting Crows: Mr. Jones (from the album August and Everything After)
Leonardo's Bride: Fall (from the album Angel Blood)
Alicia Keys: Diary feat. Tony Toni Tone (from the album The Diary of Alicia Keys)
Erykah Badu: Bag Lady (from the album Mama's Gun)
Green Day: When I Come Around (from the album Dookie)
Babyface: Wonderful Tonight (from the album Playlist)
Asa: So Beautiful (from the album Asa)

Stopped at 8.18pm for QMB study (can't think maths while thinking music)

To be continued after this episode of QMB..

No comments: