Sunday, September 14, 2008

let's think happy thoughts

Recently my boy bought himself an iPod Touch. I'm happy that he's happy, but I get a little depressed whenever he mentions it. I think it's a combination of jealousy, and the fact that he's just spent a couple of hundred dollars on a new toy. But I have to remind myself, it was a "I'm going to spend my first paypacket on something good" gift to himself since the new job, and he totally deserves it, so I should just shut my cakehole and let him enjoy it!

Now that I've written that out, I feel much better! Blogs are so self-helpful :)

Also, I'm trying to be a better listener and be more interested in his interests. I feel like I tried to do that tonight, and gosh it's kinda tiring, when you're interested in something simply because your love is interested. But this is making me appreciate just how wonderful he is, because he's always listened to what I have to say about my own interests, even though he might not be into whatever it is I'm talking about. In fact, one of my girlfriends told me tonight that out of all her friends' boyfriends, mine is her favourite. I feel so lucky!

Doing all of this is making me feel better about myself, and a happier me means I can make other people happier too. So I'm excited. Every time I start to feel a bit down about the relationship, I'm trying my best to avoid the negative feelings. I avoid the wallowing, and I try to take a step back and put everything in perspective. I think I'm becoming more patient in this way. It's definitely difficult to change people (particularly stubborn males!) but I guess the best thing I can do is try and change myself and hope others notice and learn to reflect on themselves more. Either that, or I learn to accept people more. I'll try for both.

TBTTHTMT: I played decent golf despite the trying conditions of rain and wind. Hopefully tomorrow's round will be equally positive if not better!

No comments: