Saturday, September 20, 2008

fun in the sun

Okay so this morning I played a bit of Gostop before I met up with my boy. I only played for 30 or 40 mins..

Lan and I drove out to Manly for a big breakfast/brunch, which turned out to be not as big as we'd hoped, but still very yummy. We also went shopping - he bought a new pair of groovy shoes, and I bought a skirt, a top and a party dress to replace my old one (finally!). When I say 'old', I'm talking around 4 years, so I think my purchase was justified . I don't buy clothes often, mostly because I can't afford to, but also mostly because there's nothing out there that particularly attracts me these days. I'm probably just looking in the wrong places.. but I'm not a hardcore shopper so I usually don't go out of my way to find awesome shops.

After brunch/shopping, to Freshie for some sun and surf with mates. The sun was harsh, but the surf was icy cold - I couldn't feel my feet after a few minutes of being in the water! Nevertheless we all had a bit of fun with a mini NFL ball until the unanimous decision was that it was too cold to stay in the water. Abort, return to towels, dry out and heat up, and then back into the water. Repeat numerous times. It was totally worth it :)

Today's beach trip was the first in a long while - the previous summer at least. And with memories of the last trip lingering in my mind I found that I was automatically afraid of the oncoming waves, no matter how small. I felt as though I didn't know what to do against them, and where I would usually dive down into the water and stay near the sand to let the waves ride over me, I felt a fear that stopped me from diving into the water at all. I didn't want to stray out too far, just incase a big wave started to break near the shore. There were only one or two medium-ish waves that I was hit by today, but even then I wanted to be clinging onto Lan's arm for safety and protection. I'm surprised that I've been so affected by the incident from last summer, but I hope that in the upcoming months I will be able to face my fear and be rid of it. Strangely enough, it wasn't until my boy and I were leaving the beach that I realised this was the beach where I'd been severely wave-dumped. So maybe it was a subconscious fear of the same mistake being made at the same beach. Maybe I'll be okay at all other beaches. I hope so.

TBTTHTMT: Big breakfast with my boy. Finally buying clothes. Soaking up plenty of sun and enjoying the sunscreen (I used to hate the stuff but now I quite like it). Spending time with old friends.. I definitely don't get to see them enough!

No comments: