Ok so I asked for some Mi Goreng for dinner tonight.
We have two packs at home that I bought ages ago - one was the standard MG, and I decided to buy a satay-flavoured one for a different taste.
Mum calls me out to the kitchen because she can't remember what to do with the flavour satchets, so I begin emptying them out onto the plate as usual. Except there seems to be quite a lot of packets to open! It looks a bit odd because I recognise some of them from the standard packet, but there's also new satchets I've never seen. Therefore I assume that they're all a part of the satay-flavoured MG.
I go back into my room to do something, and then Mum calls me back out to eat the noodles.. and I see a huge pile of noodles on my plate. At this point I realise what has just happened - she'd opened both packs of noodles, hence the many flavour satchets.. oh man.. biggest mistake ever! I can't believe we ended up mixing both packs of noodles together. It wasn't very tasty. My first mistake was probably the purchase of the satay MG - maybe it was because of the unfortunate combination, but there was a weird aftertaste that I really didn't like. The noodles were also a little on the runny (i.e. too moist) side because the water hadn't been fully drained out. Oh man.. I think this is the stuff epic fails are made of.
In an effort to save the noodles, I mixed in a generous amount of sweet chili sauce into the noodles and managed to eat at least half of what was on my plate. But I definitely wasn't able to finish it. Let's never do that again.. probably serves me right, I should be making my own dinners at my age..
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment