After enjoying the freedom of writing a blog that nobody but I knew the address of, I've now decided to share it with my friends on Facebook. I've decided to stay away from the site meters that count how many people have and haven't been to the site - I don't give a shit about how popular or unpopular I am, and I'm not going to write to impress specific people, I'm going to write to express myself and my opinions, and to rediscover who I am and where I'm headed.
I don't think it's particularly interesting at the moment - most of the posts are for my Science & Religion gen. ed. subject. There's a few movie and music reviews around, and a few posts where I've just decided to vent my spleen about things that make me angry/upset, or I've gone all airy-fairy/arty-farty and written some spontaneous poetry.
In my opinion, poetry is the writer's version of art. The classics are spectacular, but some of the 'contemporary' crap that gets loads of kudos and is highly acclaimed.. it only reiterates the fact that arts are so subjective, being of a highly personal nature..
But I digress.
To whoever stumbles across this blog, I hope you enjoy it, but if you don't, that's okay, we probably don't or wouldn't connect well in real life. Like everybody else, I've got my own quirks I suppose! :)
If you're planning on reading this blog on a regular basis, I would suggest you start at the beginning - this space is only 2-3 months old.
Feel free to leave comments; don't be offended if I don't respond.
If you come across a music review and you want to hear the music I'm talking about, let me know - I love sharing music and introducing people to new sounds.
----------------
Now playing: Stevie Wonder & Babyface - How Come, How Long
Thursday, September 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hi joan :)
i love how open you are.
your blog is deep, meaningful and inspiring.
thankyou !
Post a Comment