Tuesday, September 25, 2007

mini reflections on discussion posts

While catching up on a few discussion threads, one Jeff's posts caught my eye.

He said: "After all, if God gave you life, it is his choice to do whatever he wants with it."

But, is it really?

I would have thought that God would have created us so that we could be independent beings, i.e. let us do whatever we want, even if it means that some people will be non-believers.. by creating us as individuals, that's the risk He should be willing to take, right?

Although I suppose that would be a bit stupid. I think we naturally take pride in our work, and similarly, God would like to do the same, so perhaps it makes sense that He should have the ability to steer us in whichever direction He desires, whether it's instilling fear in us so that we don't recklessly jump off a cliff in the name of extreme fun, or whether it's making love blossom between two people, so their lives become brighter.

Jeff also wrote: "Sometimes I have to side with the logic that God knows, but God can't help."

Maybe not a case of can't help, but chooses not to help..

No comments: