There's this photo of a flower where the shot has zoomed in on its centre - I think it's a tropical flower of sorts. The colours are quite rich and vibrant, and it's not a bad photo. The shot was taken by a reader named Tomasz, and his caption reads,
Isn't it amazing how different things look up close?
My instant reaction was "Of course they do". But after a moment's reflection, I found myself applying this comment to life situations. Every day we get caught up in all the little things, and we stress, and we fret, and we fight about things we really don't need to be worrying about. The saying "making mountains out of molehills" comes to mind at this point.
What I'm try to get at, is that I think we lose perspective all too often, because it's easy to lose sight of something that is right before your eyes. Every now and then we should take a step back from our lives, take some time out to reflect on our position, and step back into the fray, feeling refreshed and re-energized. I've found that this works best if you drive out and sit on a beach, or a cliff overlooking the sea, at a time when there's nobody else around (late night, early morning).. the sound of the waves breaking against the shore or the rocks is a cleansing harmony.
No comments:
Post a Comment