..this is a brief recount of things that have happened lately.
- Saw Ben Harper at the Metro on Thursday night. It was unreal. Words cannot explain.
- Grace Woodroofe was the opening act for Ben Harper and she was really good too. Ben Harper produced her album. She is the second artist to be this lucky (the first being Tom Freund, who is good mates with Ben). Sooo lucky!
- I can't believe I missed out on the chance to meet Ben Harper at an afterparty show. I also waited outside the Metro for a while in the hope that I would meet him, but this was not to be either. I should have thought ahead and written him a letter or something, then I could have given it to the roadies.
- Mum is occasionally teaching me how to make things in the kitchen. And by this, I mean she tells me to come to the kitchen and I watch and take notes. So far I have written down the recipes for pancakes and curry rice.
- I was going to try and keep a handwritten recipe book, but I hate my handwriting when I write quickly so I've decided on the paper-free option instead. It's a lot easier and neater, and now I have an automated table of contents! I've also included Belle's recipe for cookies in my recipe book. Can't wait to try it out :D
- I've been getting back in touch with some of the Mingus Big Band musicians via FB. It's always a great experience to be talking to professional musicians, and learning more about their world and how they approach music.
- Learning French at uni is great fun. I just hope I can be diligent enough to practice speaking more, and then maybe I can actually hold small conversations with people without having notes in my hand!
- I am afraid that I will fail Taxation Law this semester. And possibly my marketing subject too. I need to get on top of my subjects ASAP.
- I'm really looking forward to the release of the new Dave Matthews Band album as well as the album being released by Ben Harper & Relentless 7. Both are shaping up to be hugely fantastic!
- One of my friends has been diagnosed with a rare cancer and is undergoing treatment at hospital. I still haven't seen him yet but I can't stop thinking about him. I'm also in denial that he's actually sick, and I'm hoping he gets better very soon.
Saturday, April 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment