Random fact:
Consciously or not, I seem to naturally maintain an element of detached-ness in my life.
As a result, I will periodically purge my sent/received messages folders on my phone, my Facebook sent/received messages, and my auto-saved Gmail chats.
In the rare event that I've stopped talking to somebody or had a falling out with them, I also eventually go through my email account and delete all related messages. That way, I'll forget whatever emotions I originally associated with that person, and I am able to move on completely. That doesn't mean I don't think about them occasionally (I don't often forget people who have entered my life at some stage), but the important part is that I don't recall what was said between us, which is usually the sparking factor for emotional attachment.
Out of sight, out of mind.
Saturday, April 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment