The first time I ever heard Jack Johnson was when the (pop-)world didn't know who he was. I think I was listening to Triple J, and there was a groovy song with odd lyrics. I listened to the end of the song, and discovered the title to be "The Horizon Has Been Defeated", by Jack Johnson. I thought it was the strangest song title at the time. Admittedly I still think it's strange, but now Jack Johnson is world famous.
In the last year or so I went through a phase where I thought all his songs sounded the same, and so I didn't really pay attention to any albums after the release of Curious George. I haven't listened to his music in a long time.. until today.
I was playing guitar during my lunch break (today is meant to be a day full of study.. I'm trying to make it work), and having exhausted a couple of Bic Runga, Colbie Caillat and Priscilla Ahn songs, I decided to search Jack Johnson. I couldn't remember how some of the melodies went, so I searched the songs on YouTube.. and then I ended up watching the music videos for Taylor and Upside Down, as well as The Horizon Has Been Defeated. I was reminded of how I first discovered Jack Johnson, and I wanted to write about it, hence this post. :)
Sunday, April 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment