Lately - meaning, the past week or so - I've been having a great time in my relationship. But what makes it especially blogworthy for me is that I feel like I've been more relaxed about it all. Less worrying, less sulking, less unrealistic expectations, less jealousy.. it is such a refreshing feeling! It's like all of a sudden I've grown up just that little bit more, and I'm getting more out of the relationship because of it (meaning that feeling even better about it than I was before).
For the last month or more, I've been making a real effort to make sure I'm a better listener, making mental notes in my head about what he likes, what he's just updated me on.. and again I feel much better for it, and gone are the days where I ask myself "What am I going to get him?" for whatever special event it is that is usually commemorated with a gift. Instead, I feel like I've got too many choices - or rather, items keep springing out at me when I'm browsing stores, and I have to remind myself that if I buy all these items at once, I won't actually end up saving them for an occasion, I'll end up giving them to him on a random evening and then I'll be at a loss for gift ideas.
It's nice to have life smiling down on me like this. It doesn't happen often enough sometimes.
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good on you! We always change for the better :)
Post a Comment