Briefly went to see Sculptures by the Sea (SxS) this evening, just before sundown. Didn't see much but I don't think there was much to see, to be honest. I still maintain that the best year was 2005, the year that I first visited SxS. Ever since then, the exhibition has diminished a little in impressiveness each year.
I convinced my boy to come with me and I was so glad we made it to Bondi. It wasn't so much the sculptures, but the walk itself that made me happy. He was exhausted and therefore not very talkative, but I was so happy just to be out there walking with him.. I think the only reason I was able to contain the level of happiness I was experiencing was that my shoes would have gone flying if I'd tried to jump around and/or run around, and that he would have been even more exhausted if not completely unresponsive to any crazy antics of mine.
I don't really know why it sometimes feels as though life is the biggest struggle when he's not beside me. But what I do know is that he does a hell of a lot for me, and I need to make sure he knows I appreciate every single moment.
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment