Last night I went out to Ribs & Rumps for dinner with Lan, one of his best friends and her boyfriend, and some of my school friends and their friends/relations. The food was great - unexpectedly so - I ordered lamb ribs and they were very tasty! I thought Lan had ordered a mixed grill, but a breakdown in communications meant that he thought I'd ordered for him, while I thought he'd ordered for himself.. and so there were only 7 meals for a table of 8. I initially felt guilty but that was shadowed by overwhelming embarrassment.. but all's well that ends well, because Ming was able to share his mixed grill and thankfully nobody went hungry. There was definitely a lot of food on the table, so I'm sure everybody left feeling satisfied to say the least!
I wasn't feeling well, so I chose to take a raincheck on the ice cream trip and went home instead. I had a great conversation in the car about the culture and history behind hip-hop and rap music - for instance, did you know that Puff Daddy (a.k.a. P. Diddy) created the modern-day remix? I had no idea! Respect! - it was so enlightening, and made me re-appreciate the music style(s). I learnt about beats and where they come from (in terms of US location), and a bit about the timeline of rap and key artists of the genre, and who represents the East or West-side of the game. Etc.
It was such a great conversation! I love nothing more than a deep, refreshing conversation about music. That really topped off my evening. :)
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment