Just felt like I had to respond to Rachel's post on Chaos:
1.0 If god is not somehow in control of every microscopic detail in the cosmos; what are the consequences?
If God is not in control then the control would be left humankind. I think this would be difficult for humankind to take control. (1) The impact would be catastrophic I think there would be no moral code and possibly very difficult for us and cultures to co-exist.
I think if there is a supernatural existence it is ideal that he intervenes as the characteristics of humanity (Greed, Selfishness etc) would no doubt take over. (2) Having God or the thought of God possibly might give religious people something to aspire to.
If there was no supernatural existence the cosmos would be in constant chaos, there would be no order or place and quite possibly we would not exist or exist for very little time.
I disagree.
(1) Seems to me that humans are doing an okay job by themselves. Sure, a lot of people are religious, but there's also a lot of people who aren't. And if you make the assumption that only the religious people are really letting God into their lives, i.e. letting God 'take control', well.. unless we agree that the world is in a catastrophic or chaotic state today, I would still suggest that humans have the ability to take the reins and organise communities and nations, to some extent. Some are doing a better job at this than others, I'm sure.
(2) The negative characteristics of humanity, such as greed and selfishness, are apparent more than ever in today's society - I would say that they have taken over many people's lives already. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if a historian came up to me and told me that the level of corruption and greed in society has always been fairly high throughout the ages. It's the small group of compassionate, empathising, philanthropic people throughout the world that make life a little less bleak - they help the light shine through, and they make each day a bit brighter for those who are in need. Basically what I'm trying to say is that even with the existence of God, I can't imagine there'd be less 'evil' in the world. After all, wasn't Satan a fallen angel?
In any case, I don't think it's possible for God to be in control of everything, unless He actually is everything.
Friday, August 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment