The following words are the lyrics to Priscilla Ahn's Dream. It's a wonderful song, simple yet strong, and I can't help but fall into my own reverie when I hear the music- makes me want to close my eyes and take a break from the world.
---
I was a little girl
alone in my little world
who dreamed of a little home for me.
I played pretend between the trees,
and fed my houseguests bark and leaves,
and laughed in my pretty bed of green.
I had a dream
That I could fly
from the highest swing-
I had a dream.
Long walks in the dark
through woods grown behind the park,
I asked God who I'm supposed to be.
The stars smiled down on me,
God answered in silent reverie.
I said a prayer and fell asleep.
I had a dream
That I could fly
from the highest tree-
I had a dream.
Now I'm old and feeling grey.
I don't know what's left to say
about this life I'm willing to leave.
I lived it full and I lived it well,
there's many tales I've lived to tell,
I'm ready now,
I'm ready now,
I'm ready now..
To fly
from the highest wing.
I had a dream..
Sunday, August 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment