I found my happiness the other night.
I discovered it hiding between the covers of a Dave Matthews Band album.
I also discovered it within the rhythm of The Beatards' "Scooby Snack", an addictive song that forces me to get up and dance like a maniac in the safety of my room.
Most importantly, I realised that my happiness comes from being creatively involved. Namely singing & playing an instrument (preferably done together), drawing/digital design, and dancing. Admittedly, my skills in all of these areas are lacking - I wish I was better at all of them - but I've enough to make me happy. I know there are others who are envious of my skills. And I don't mean that in a blowing-my-own-trumpet kind of way, because I am equally envious of those envious of me. We all have qualities that somebody else desires. The grass is always greener.
Take for instance, my inability to ride a bike. My inability to drive a car (I'm not licensed yet). My desire to be a more fluent speaker of Japanese (current ability is close to zero), and to be able to pronounce French words without feeling very self-conscious.
But anyways!
I'm currently listening to DMB and I love how it's making me feel happy. I haven't felt this genuinely happy in a while methinks.
The two standout tracks that make me virtually instantly happy & get me up and dancing are Lie In Our Graves from the album Crash, and Stay (Wasting Time) from the album Before These Crowded Streets.
There's numerous other DMB songs that are great to dance to, or to sing along to, or cuddle up with somebody to. But first of all, he needs to appreciate DMB more.. :)
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment