Tuesday, July 24, 2007

on religions, and the existence of a greater being

Considering just how many religions there are all over the world (I don't actually know how many there are, I should look it up), and the vast number of people that adhere to some kind of belief or faith or religion, whether it's with a group of people, a whole congregation or just even within themselves..

Surely there must be a God out there?

Some kind of greater power or being at the very least.

Surely people would not have made something out of nothing.

But assuming that God exists. How did He make something out of nothing?

Where the hell did He come from?

The concept of the creation of the world as we know it, and the incomprehensibility of the question that seems to keep asking itself in my head - "What's outside all of this? Outside of all that we know and are able to comprehend, outside of all existence?"

I seem to believe that such a place exists, a place outside of existence - if you can call it a 'place'.

Trying to understand it all brings up a curious emotion within - I can't pinpoint it, but it doesn't stop me from thinking about the impossible.

Curious!

No comments: