Yeah, the whole thing is a Latin phrase - turns out that it's the motto for Yale university, I found it when I came across an article on the Ivy League of universities (while reading about Obama) on Wikipedia XD
yeah it's great.. especially when you know how to pronounce everything properly.. it seems so majestic in a way, cos u know how old it is~! i think it's how all the u's are pronounced as oo's.. so lux = loox :P
4 comments:
Is Lux latin for light? I think I came across that word in a poem once. =)
Yeah, the whole thing is a Latin phrase - turns out that it's the motto for Yale university, I found it when I came across an article on the Ivy League of universities (while reading about Obama) on Wikipedia XD
Luceat Lux Vestra: Let your light shine.
It's the St. Patrick's College motto.
Latin is actually very beautiful. I've never noticed before :O
yeah it's great.. especially when you know how to pronounce everything properly.. it seems so majestic in a way, cos u know how old it is~! i think it's how all the u's are pronounced as oo's.. so lux = loox :P
Post a Comment