Friday, May 8, 2009

tired musings

Writing because I can't be bothered starting my tax assignment tonight. I'll get some rest, try not to get any more sick than I am (otherwise that will make me actually sick, not almost-sick), and start it in the morning.

---
The funny thing?

The reason for which I dislike a handful of girls I know, actually exists within me too. Funny how you can hate somebody or have less respect for somebody because of what they do, even though you've been there yourself. I tolerate them because I'm no better than they are, and I know the kind of mindset they have; and one of the key reasons I can restrain myself is because I'm sick of fucking up my life. I really am.

Anyway.

I'm actually not depressed!

I had a wonderful day today actually. Really productive day at work, despite all the distractions, which were also a lot of fun.

Had a lovely lunch with my boyfriend at a restaurant/cafe called Rosebud. We had a sharing platter which was quite tasty, and I had an Egyptian tea with rose water and actual mint leaves in the glass. Easily the best thing I've tasted all year.

I'd like to live in Balmain. The whole area seems peaceful and friendly; there are lots of dogs being walked all the time; it's near the city but not bustling like the city; it's near the water; and it feels a little like a quiet semi-busy street in Melbourne but with better weather.

Bought a box of Belle Fleur chocolates for Mum as an early Mother's Day gift, and bought a couple for myself as a small treat. I felt that 2 chocolates was enough self-indulgence, so I shared the other 2 with my boyfriend.

The weather was also fantastic - radiant blue skies in the day, glowing full moon in clear skies at night.

What a wonderful day :)

TBTTHTMT: Egyptian mint tea with rose water. Incredible.

1 comment:

mishmashmosh said...

Hope you felt better today :) (if you didn't, Get well soon!)