Wednesday, May 6, 2009

a bit of procrastinatory blogging.

I bought two Twix bars today and won another two free bars from their wrappers. Talk about lucky!

Maybe I was 'rewarded' for my good naturedness - my friend Melody forgot her wallet and had no money to buy lunch during our break for French, so I lent her some money and she bought a snack to tide her over.

I then decided on impulse that I would satisfy my chocolate craving with some Twix, as I love the stuff but haven't had it in a while.

On a tangent, I really enjoy my French classes. I'm not great at the speaking component, but my grammar's not too bad. And our class is good fun.

---

I'm currently reading a book that is just over 200 pages, and I'm flying through it - I have less than half to go and it's only been a couple of days. Although any book would feel quick after the 800-page monster that was Anna Karenina (Leo Tolstoy). It might be a while before I try to attempt A Suitable Boy (Vikram Seth). I think that book's even bigger. It's one of the books in a set of 5 that I received for my birthday - all 5 books are travel-related in some way, and they cover India, France (x2), Spain and Asia (I can't remember which country). The book I'm reading now is called True Pleasures: A Memoir of Women in Paris, by Lucinda Holdforth. I like the Aussie flavour it has, because the author is a Sydneysider and she mentions USyd and Surry Hills, etc.

No comments: