The Science of Sleep is a beautiful movie. Magical. I'm not sure if it was meant to be a comedy - the actors seem to speak about the humorous nature of the film - but there were moments in this film where I cried tears of emotion, not of laughter. I'm glad I watched it by myself. It reached into me in a way it could have done only when I was alone. I was enchanted by it. I still am.
It is so easy to fall in love with Stephane's innocence and absurdity, and Stephanie's understanding and generosity - Gael Garcia Bernal and Charlotte Gainsbourg make an excellent pair in this film. Not to mention their looks are enchanting also.
Earlier in the evening I turned off my phone because I was exhausted, and I also didn't want to be contacted during the movie. Of course I turned the phone on numerous times towards the end. Unfortunately I received a text message at the wrong time, and all I felt was pain. The movie had me hurting enough as it was; he went and made it worse. So I cried some more.
Luckily there are extras on this DVD; they've got me feeling better and it looks like I won't be crying myself to sleep tonight as I originally thought.
The film made me realise again, I love hearing the French language. I like that I can only understand a word here and a word there. I'm in love with the sound.
The Science of Sleep moved me like Amelie moved me, but in a different way. If that makes sense. I have discovered a new favourite.
Saturday, June 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment