So I randomly decided to search for Donny Hathaway on Facebook so I could become a fan, and then I decided to try YouTube for live footage of the man in performance, but I came across a musician who performs a cover of Hathaway's "Someday We'll All Be Free".
Post-blog edit: YouTube video has since been deleted :(
A bit more research on the fellow indicates that Raul Midon was born blind. There is a Stevie Wonder-esque feel to him in the video, and Midon certainly has a great soul sound in his voice, so I'm definitely going to have a listen to his original material when I get a chance.
And from that, I found this. The first big wail in this video literally gave me chills. What a beautiful voice. (Oddly enough it was earlier today that I was thinking about A.Keys in the shower and how I hadn't listened to her music in a while because I'd 'grown tired' of her).
You definitely need to get your hands on a copy of the recording by Donny Hathaway, so you can appreciate the original in all its retro glory.
Sunday, June 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment