http://drawn.ca/2009/06/16/todd-schorr-american-surreal/
Drawn.ca is another of the blogs that I've very recently started following (Google Reader has changed my life and increased my subscriptions/random site-visiting dramatically), and the link above contains a string of YouTube videos (5, to be precise) about an American artist named Todd Schorr.
I've never heard of him until now, but I have to say that watching these short 2-min videos and seeing his artworks was eye-opening. I'm fairly picky when it comes to types of artworks I do or don't like, and although I don't think Schorr's artworks are 'pretty', they are definitely mind-bogglingly skilled and detailed and educational (to a degree).
Based on the videos I watched, he mixes American pop history references and his own personal childhood favourites/experiences to come up with ideas for his artworks.
This is a piece from his website (www.toddschorr.com):
"A Date With Mr. Big Bad"
No comments:
Post a Comment