The past night and day has been exhausting.
- I had a conversation with one of my friends (who is effectively also a mentor) that made me feel like a bit of a failure simply because I wasn't going to take action on a recommendation of theirs. No hard feelings - I know they only mean the best for me, and I always appreciate what they say. But it was just one sentence that cut me down and made me feel inadequate.
- Slept badly. Kept waking up through the night because of the lantern lights I'd left on in my room.
- I realised that the JR Fete is only 4 weeks away and I need to get on top of my merchandise-making activities if I'm going to have ANYTHING to sell as part of my own stall. I'm such an idiot. This provided me with the greatest amount of stress today.
- No I take that back. I had frustrating arguments with my dad to make me want to go ballistic. However I'm well versed in the art of self-restraint, and did no such thing. The only moment at which I let myself go was when I snapped a ballpoint pen in half. Had I not done that, my brain would have probably exploded and caused a lot of pain.
- Working with a million constraints, half of which shouldn't really exist, and WOULDN'T exist if people were more flexible. I think I managed to get through the day okay, but I'm glad it's almost over.
Rant of the day:
I have nothing against arguments, and I would even go so far as to say I'm generally even-tempered in reasonable arguments. The only time I will get annoyed and frustrated to the point of explosion, is when the other party refuses to hear your side of the argument, or picks on you for something completely unrelated to the topic at hand, or misinterprets/twists your words and refuses to hear an explanation. Not giving people a fair go is the worst thing anybody can do. It's like revoking freedom. Nobody should be subject to that unless they've committed a heinous crime.
< / rant>
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment