Monday, December 8, 2008

Hobart: Day 1 - Morning

As usual, my alarms were no use.. because I woke up a solid hour before they were due to start ringing! I did NOT want to get up at 5.30am, so I forced myself back to sleep until 6am. Got up, had a shower, made the decision that my work shirt didn't need any ironing (I think some of the others might), and put on my polo shirt from yesterday to go and have breakfast at 6.30am. Everybody was scheduled to eat at 7.30, but because I was up so early I figured I might as well eat first and then clean up my room (it's still a weird concept that I don't actually need to tidy, because there's people who are paid to do that in hotels.. even outside of my own home I don't need to "look after myself"!).

Ordered a Full Breakfast, which is basically your choice of hot food and fruits/cereals/yoghurt, whereas a Continental Breakfast is just the fruits etc. A big scoop of scrambled eggs, a tomato, a rasher of bacon, a small scoop of mushrooms, two pieces of apricot and two glasses of orange juice were enough for me. Of course, me being me I ended up dropping both my knife and fork, and a piece of apricot when I was trying to spoon the fruit onto my plate, so by the end of my morning meal I had two pairs of knives and forks and two serviettes (one had the dropped apricot slice wrapped up).

To add further to my uncoordinated mess, I discovered early on that I had worn my polo shirt inside out. This was strange, because I thought I'd left it turned inside out last night and so I'd tried to wear it the right way out. Luckily I'd brought my lovely shawl along so I draped that over the most obvious parts (collar and buttons) and I'm sure nobody else noticed.

Time for work. Day 1 should be interesting! I wonder we'll have for dinner tonight..

1 comment:

mishmashmosh said...

bahaha. dw, wearing your shirt inside out is a trend in some places :)