I've just come across a lot of new music in the last few days. GOOD new music.
When I think of my new acquisitions, I think folk. Not all of it is so, but most of it is folk-ish, and reminds me of old-school sounds.. which is fantastic. It especially suits the weather - cloudy and rainy makes me think Beatles, Sting, Simon and Garfunkel (amongst others).. not all at once, but if I were to draw a timeline between Autumn (on the left) and Winter (on the right), the artists would be placed accordingly (from left to right), Simon & Garfunkel, Beatles, Sting.
Enough ramble. Back to the music I was talking about.
Recent acquisitions (in no particular order.. except alphabetical):
Colbie Caillat: Coco
Duffy: Rockferry
Estelle: Shine
Gnarls Barkley: The Odd Couple
Goldfrapp: Seventh Tree
Idea of North, The: their complete discography - The Idea of North, The Sum of Us, Here and Now, Evidence, The Gospel Project
Joe Satriani: Professor Satchafunkilus and the Musterion of Rock
Jose Gonzalez: In Our Nature
Laura Marling: Alas I Cannot Swim
Yoav: Charmed and Strange
Time to write some music reviews.
Sunday, April 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment