Tuesday, March 11, 2008

indecisions

If you hang around me long enough, you'll realise that I can be a pretty indecisive person a lot of the time. Mostly it's to do with food, but can also extend to clothes, music and even relationships.

I think it's because I want to be able to experience everything while I'm here, and I don't want to have a set path, whether it's hanging out with a small close-knit group of friends (which I've never really done - I'm a social nomad), or choosing a flavour for the gelato I want (so many wonderful choices, I just want a bite of each!).

I enjoy variety but I'm also averse to change. I'm here, but I'm there too. Does this signify a continuing search for my own identity, or am I just plain difficult to live with?!

Hmmm.

Having said that, I also have days where I'm sure of the flavour I want. One develops favourites over time, and when you hang around somebody who always picks their favourite (and doesn't go for anything new), you start to take on that habit. I make sure I don't fall into that though. Variety is the spice of life, after all..

No comments: