Spend your whiles in lots of smiles, and then you won't fall sick.
Little ditties such as these can help the days go by
When you feel you've lost your wings and forgotten how to fly.
I haven't written anything in a long while, be it on this blog, or in my personal handwritten journal, or even in long, rambling emails to my boyfriend.
There's been so much that's happened in the last couple of months, and I feel like I'm moving forward (slowly, but surely) into the rest of my life. Mixed with feelings of "Wow... here comes the rest of my life... the end is certainly not far off into the distance...", it's a little bittersweet. Like the feeling of winning, but knowing that all will be lost soon enough anyway.
But enough of the morbidity!
I'm starting to feel that I'm losing my creative edge. Not that I think I had much of a creative edge to begin with, but for months and maybe years now I've had a little voice in my head that's wanted to grow that little blossom of creativity. To nurture it, water it, give it some air and sunshine, and yield fruit from it. Sadly I haven't given myself much of a chance, and maybe I just haven't got enough of an experimental bone in me to try different media. Well not only that, but developing a collection of mixed media can be rather expensive too.
Recently I purchased some small leather-bound notepads. I don't think they're bound with real leather, but that's ok - it's the visual cue that counts. I haven't finished my current journal yet, so I'll need to get writing before I give myself the privilege of writing, sketching and collecting in a brand new notebook, which will be a new experience (I mostly wrote reams of mundane daily recounts in all of my previous journals). I'm looking forward to it!
No comments:
Post a Comment