Sunday, July 18, 2010

a good weekend in july

Sometimes I have some really nice weekends. These days, they are usually prefaced with beautiful winter sunlight and a productive train ride into the city, meaning I'm completing some work, an email, or some study. Or it's a peaceful ride where I'm listening to some great music that makes me want to sing or dance, or smile uncontrollably.

Highlights from the weekend that just passed...
* Home-made improvised lunch courtesy of J (don't know how it was made but I think I know what went into it.... oregano, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, minced meat, onion, wholegrain bread, diced olives), followed by yummy ice cream (not home-made)
* Enjoying a post-lunch movie - Disney's Hercules. Good fun!
* Actually getting some study done!
* Being wowed by some professional couples at the Australian Salsa Open and also getting some dance time in between, not to mention bumping into some old friends from high school who were performing that night!
* Lazy Sunday morning in bed, followed by a nice brunch at Jet Caffe... smoked ham & cheese croissant with peppermint tea to accompany. Delish!
* Getting a little bit more study done :)
* Late lunch at The Watershed in Darling Harbour... a small share plate for two, plus nachos. We were stuffed by the end of it!
* Interesting conversations on dog and baby names :)
* Another post-lunch movie - Disney's Pocahontas, which was made a little funnier than usual thanks to the added sound effects of J!

I'm exhausted but what a fun couple of days. As usual. :)

No comments: