Feeling inspired to write again. A quick scan over my previous blog posts in the last year or so makes me think that I was one troubled little kid! And it's probably not far from the truth. The human mind has an amazing ability to forget or move on from pain. At least mine does. That aside, it's probably also an indication of my bad memory.
In a previous post I noted that 2009 appeared to be the year of New Friends and Musical Experiences. Now that the year is over, I would like to correct myself and conclude that 2009 was The Year of Break-Ups. Almost every long-term relationship in my extended social circle was ended at some point during the year, mine included. I think only one of the couples ended up reuniting, and all other parties have gone their separate ways. It was a killer year in that respect. Never have I seen so many hearts broken and 'ships sunken.
But after the rain comes a rainbow, and a new lease on life. And for my new lease, it's certainly worth the rent.
Love is a fascinating game. So many unexpected twists and turns.
My last relationship ended on a flurry of sour notes. Reading through some of my earlier blog posts helps me remember that I was very much in love, and I tried my best. But now I realise that the cracks were always there. Nobody, especially the one you love, should make you cry as much as I seem to have cried. It's over now, so I'm not losing sleep over it. That chapter of my life is now closed and thrown to the winds.
My current relationship... what a whole different kettle of (cod)fish. It's hard to describe it without sounding over-the-top and cheesy and corny and all the rest, so I will summarise with "I am really very happy".
And now, time for sleep, for I seek rest and beauty.
Sunday, February 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment